Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 25 15 2:59 PM

Tags : :

We've had a few games, and it isn't working out as simply as I'd hoped. We are going for a one unit in a box, big battle version with limited changes from the ancients version. Have been trying various ​options for muskets. 2 cards at 8+, reload after each shot. Too slow.2 cards at 8+ reload to fire twice in a round OK.2 cards at 7+, difficult action to reload - too much like a machine gun. In all our battles the cavalry have crushed a wing and ended the battle before much has happened in the centre.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 26 15 5:19 AM

Hi Bevan,

I've been looking at the Horse and Musket version, I'll send you a draft later. I have taken out ammo supply because it really slowed things down and didn't seem to have had a significant impact in most battles.

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 4 15 10:54 AM

It's all a bit slowly slowly, Simon. I did a fresh playtest version in September; quite a simple set that have been tried by a couple of people but I've not had more time to develop them. If you email me I can send you the latest version.

I have bought the beginnings of an army so I do want to move ahead!

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 17 16 5:39 AM

Ammunition supply.

I can heartily recommend 'Lead Shot of the English Civil War: a Radical Study' by D.F.Harding for a revealing insight into the question of ammunition in the 17thc.
It is one of the great "nerdy" books of all time!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help