Remove this ad

Lead

May 15 16 6:42 PM

Tags : :

I'll be running two games with TtS! on Thursday July 14, 2016

From the PEL:

T-373 The Assyrian Came Down Like a Wolf on the Fold... Ancients; 10 AM; Length: 3 hrs; Hosted by: Peter Anderson; Scale: 25mm; Rules: To the Strongest!; No. of Players: 6. “Mounted”: warfare began with the Chariot, but the Assyrians were among the earliest armies of antiquity to use cavalry on the battlefield as well. A purely fictional match up between the most famous armies of the Chariot era – Egypt and Assyria. TtS rules are easily learned and play quickly, using playing cards as the randomizer instead of dice, and a (subtly) gridded table. Teens ages 13 and above welcome with a playing adult

T-374 Warriors of God: The Hussite Wars, 1420’s Theme Medieval; 6 PM; Length: 3 hrs; Hosted by: Peter Anderson; Scale: 28mm; Rules: To the Strongest!; No. of Players: 6. The Hussite movement began in Bohemia in the 1400’s, predating the Reformation by 100 years. With armies composed largely of peasants, the Hussites defeated the much better equipped knights of the Catholic crusader armies repeatedly, using the Wagon Fortress tactics developed by Jan Ziska. Can they do it yet again? The TtS rules are easily learned, and play quickly, using a subtly gridded table and playing cards.. no dice! Teens age 14 and above welcome with a playing adult

Peter Anderson
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 16 16 1:44 AM

Hi Peter,

That is very exciting! Please take lots of photos for me, especially of the Hussites- it's an army I plan to collect.. Have you used the Hussites yet? They were a late addition to the rules and weren't tested very thoroughly....

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 17 16 1:22 PM

I have the forces set up and need to give them a test go to see about balance, but it looks to be about right from the lists, modifiers and past play. Should be a tough nut for the attackers, but usually they should break in somewhere, then it's a mater of whether that can be contained and repulsed, or if the defense unravels and folds. 

BTW, if anyone reads this and wants to play but can't a a pre-registered spot, just show uip 15 mins before the game and I can usually fit in an extra couploemof mplayers. No shows are also common. So... don't be shy!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 6 17 5:48 PM

According to the latest PEL looks like your games have changed to:

Thursday at 10 am: T-378 Battle of Ctesiphon 263 AD Ancients; 10 AM; Length: 4 hrs; Hosted by: Peter Anderson; Scale: 28mm; Rules: To the Strongest!; No. of Players: 8. King Odaenathus of Palmyra and Shapur I, King of Kings of the Sassanid empire clash near the Persian capitol. Plenty of Armour - cavalry, camels and Elephants, but no tanks! TtS! is easily learned, and plays quickly, using a subtle grid and playing cards - no dice or rulers! Children 14 and above welcome with a playing adult.

and

Saturday at 7:00 pm: S-380 Chariots of the Gods? Ancients; 7 PM; Length: 4 hrs; Hosted by: Peter Anderson; Scale: 28mm; Rules: To the Strongest!; No. of Players: 12. Esarhaddon, King of Assyria, invaded and briefly conquered Egypt in 671 BC. A hypothetical engagement between the forces of Egypt, Assyria, and their Canaanite allies. Tts! is easily learned and plays quickly but subtly, using an unobtrusive grid, and playing cards in place of dice. Over 40 chariots on the table for this game! Children 14 and above welcome with a playing adult.

Although not pre-registered for either, I hope to get into one or the other.

Jim

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

The earlier listings were for ther 2016 games, you have the correct slate for the 2017 games - coming in less than 3 weeks!  If you can't get a slot, show up anyway about 15 mins before startiong tuime. There are almost always no shows, and the Sat night game in particular can handle extra players. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help