Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 4 16 6:26 AM

Tags : : , ,

Last weekend the Young Padawan and I managed to fit in our second game of TtS! The youngling gave me a run for my money but in the end we declaired it a draw as there was no clear winner on either side and we were running out of time. We are getting to grips with the rules and we did a lot better in this game but there are a few things we missed and will incorporate in the next game. 

The battle report can be seen on my blog here : http://www.blmablog.com/2016/05/encounter-at-farpunctum.html

There are more pictures and a write up on the game (plus Orders of Battle) on the blog. 

Almost forgot to mention...we used ten sided dice rather than cards this time. The 3" boxes are too small to incorporate cards and tokens just seem to take a long time to use, gather up, sort out and reuse. Dice worked well, just roll for activation (or to-hit) and put the dice behind the unit showing the number rolled. We used purple dice for the Carthaginian activations, Green for the romans and the yellow dice are for to-hits. 

BigLee
www.blmablog.com

Last Edited By: BigLee Jun 4 16 6:34 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 5 16 5:53 AM

Hi Lee, that's a great looking game!

In V2 I'l be careful to mention the use of dice as an alternative to cards, as several people favour them, too. Did you look et a chance to look at the alternative Polybian list yet?

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 5 16 10:39 AM

Can't see why the dice have to be an either/or thing. I favour the chits for movement activation as dice get knocked over or picked up.; but using dice for attack and defence rolls where the dice do not have to stay on the table.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help