Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 20 16 9:00 AM

Tags : :

Posted a write up of this very successful game to my blog.

The game played in 3 hours, and was very well received.

Peter
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Jul 21 16 12:20 AM

Hi Peter, could you drop me a line when the 2017 date is announced? I can't promise but I will try. And I'll have a crack at the US distribution, too. Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 22 16 8:47 AM

The dates for Historicon are already set, although the Theme for the convention is not. There is some talk about changing sites in the future, but for 2017 it looks like it will definitely remain in Fredericksburg.

HISTORICON /2017
When: July 13 - 16, 2017
Fredericksberg Expo & Conference Center
2371 Carl D Silver Pkwy
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
United States
Presenter: HMGS, Inc.
[email protected]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Jul 22 16 10:58 AM

Hi Peter,

Yes I looked at it today- I'm going to check with some friends who have made the journey to see how a trip might work out. Am i right to think that it is the premier historical show in the US? Some other shows I looked at looked very GW-focussed.

Thanks, Simon

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 25 16 5:55 PM

yes, I would say so. The other HMGS East conventions are almost as big - Fall In in November:

FALL IN!® 2016. Nov. 4 - 6, 2016. Theme: Poland Through the Ages, From Duchy to Republic
Lancaster Host Resort & Conference Center, Lancaster, PA (but only 3 days, Sunday is usually slow for all three, as most of us drive (or fly) many hours and have to bwe at work the next day)

COLD WARS 2017 March 16 - 19, 2017. Lancaster Host & Resort, 2300 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17602-1114, United States. Note that snow storms are a decided possuibility even in late March. 4 day convention. Venue is presently troubled and it's future uncertain, but thus far it seems the event WILL be held there in 2017 once again.

Having said that, although Lancaster is considerably closer to me ( about 4.5 hrs drive vs 7 hrs, and a much easier drive as well), Historicon is the one show I go to every year. . MUCH history there and within a 1-2 hrs drive of Fredericksburg! While there is no official limit on fantasy, Sci-Fi, etc, games, usually 80% of the 500 plus games run at these shows are ":Historical", at least in the broad sense of the word. as you'fre doubtless aware, at US shows, all the games are PLAYED, none are just for show (or even closed to outsiders). Many people play in 2-3 games in a day! It is exceptionally rare to see a GW game at any of these three conventions.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jul 26 16 12:27 AM

Thanks Peter that is very useful. Historicon does sound like a great potential first show to visit. I will think will make a note of the dates in my diary and see whether I can get over next year.

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help