Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 1 16 2:36 PM

Tags : :

Dear Simon,

I wanted to share with you and the rest of the TtS! community a couple of very minor rules suggestions I came up with recently.

In thinking more about Senior Generals over the past few days, I have started to wonder whether they could stand to be further differentiated from regular generals. Here are two small suggestions for how this might be done:

(i) Senior Generals become mandatory in every army list (at the moment, I believe they are optional), and cost 3 points, rather than just 1.

(ii) Senior Generals become worth 6 victory medals, rather than the current 2 (and perhaps regular generals become worth 3 victory medals). I suggest this change largely because it seems to me that the loss of a Senior General was historically a much bigger deal than the loss of a regular general.

As always, I would love to hear your thoughts on these suggestions whenever you have the time!

All the best,
Justin
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 6 16 5:54 AM

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the delay in responding- mostly down to Yuku. :-)

We've been looking at generals in the coming ECW rules. They support more complex command structures than in TtS at present- tiers of command, and potentially more than one commanding general in an army. Also the loss of a commanding general (as you suggest) becomes rather more expensive than at present and linked to the size of the army. It's likely that some of these will eventually find their way to TtS!

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 6 16 11:28 PM

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response--and no worries at all! Yeah, Yuku has definitely been acting funny lately.

Sounds like you are several steps ahead of me with possible new rules for generals. I sure look forward to seeing what you come up with in this regard for the ECW rules!

I should mention that I am heading home for Christmas in about ten days and one of the things I am most looking forward to is playing a few games of TtS! with my dad. If our newly-painted Late Romans and Sassanids make it back from our painter in time, we will probably have at least one Roman-Persian bash. I am also hoping to squeeze in a rematch of my Alexandrian Imperials (which are still coming along nicely) and my dad's Polybian Romans. The previous Alexandrian-Polybian game we fought back in August was as dramatic as any we have ever played, with Big Al performing several death-defying deeds of derring-do and the newly-strengthened Polybian legions giving the Macedonian pikemen a real run for their money.

Hope you are doing well and best wishes to you and your family this holiday season!

Sincerely,
Justin

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 8 16 1:48 AM

Hi Justin,

I am so pleased that the games are going well! I'm slowly working towards Alexander over here; I based his Thessalians last week and am about to base my very first Persians. Slow burner, though; one needs so many bloody Persians!

All the best to you and your dd and family!

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help