Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 1 17 3:38 PM

Tags : :

Hi there, For reasons of playing space and storage I'm looking at doing TtS in 6mm. I have a 6'x4' board to play on and was wondering what base size you would recommend? I have been considering 15mm DBA/M base sizes 40mm frontage per base and various depths. Units could be 1 or 2 bases wide with a grid of 100mm. would this work or should I go with 3 and 2 wide with 150mm grid? Jim
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 1 17 11:13 PM

Baz Baziah wrote:
Hi there,
For reasons of playing space and storage I'm looking at doing TtS in 6mm. I have a 6'x4' board to play on and was wondering what base size you would recommend? I have been considering 15mm DBA/M base sizes 40mm frontage per base and various depths. Units could be 1 or 2 bases wide with a grid of 100mm.
would this work or should I go with 3 and 2 wide with 150mm grid?

Jim

Hi Jim, my experience with 6mm is that 60mm is a nice base size, most of the Baccus rules are also based on that
anything smaller becomes problematic with me big hands :)

Alex

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 2 17 12:32 AM

Thanks for quick reply. I have some 6mm armies based for Impetus, they are on 60mm frontage and 20, 30 and 60mm depths for various troop types. Could I continue to use those with a 100mm grid or would 150 be better?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 2 17 1:52 AM

Baz Baziah wrote:
Thanks for quick reply.
I have some 6mm armies based for Impetus, they are on 60mm frontage and 20, 30 and 60mm depths for various troop types. Could I continue to use those with a 100mm grid or would 150 be better?

Hi Jim,
depends, if going with 6cm I would recommend a 8cm grid, and the use of numbered counters instead of playing cards (see BigRedBat shop)
otherwise I would stay with the conventional 15cm grid and use at least 2 bases side by side, this gives the same frontage of 12cm that we are using for 28mm, depth depending on what you are willing to paint, but when using double depth units remember you can have 2 units in a box
I suppose the 6cm depth is for cav/el/pike etc ???

Regards
Alex

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 3 17 10:56 AM

Hi, Yes the 60mm depth bases are cavalry. I'm going to have a play around with base sizes this weekend and make a decision then. As space is a premium to me I'm looking at 60mm frontage maximum but am tending towards 40mm DBA style. cheers for your input Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Mar 4 17 10:15 AM

final plan?

After thinking about this and messing around with various base sizes and grid sizes I have decided on the following: Grid will be 100mm squares. All foot bases will be 40x20mm or multiples thereof. Cavalry will be 40x30mm All units will be two 40mm bases wide with the exception of small units which will be a single 40mm base placed in the centre of the leading edge. Deep units will be two 20mm bases deep and extra deep units three. I've not seen any deep cavalry units in the lists I have looked at so far, but they will be two 30mm bases deep. I can tweak this for use with my 15mm DBA/M armies as well without having to rebase them. Comments and views welcome folks. Jim

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 4 17 10:33 AM

I failed to mention that unattached Generals and Heroes will be based as follows: Mounted will be on 1p coins Foot and Heroes on 5p coins Attached Generals will either be part of the unit or on a 20mm square base touching the unit they are with. Jim

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 6 17 1:35 AM

Sorry I missed this one until now.

Late this week I'll be startign to sell 7.5cm grid cloths, if that is any use. They are intended for 60mm elements.... I will also have 12cm cloths coming out- so will have 7.5cm, 10cm, 12cm, 15cm, 20cm.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help