Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 24 17 6:34 AM

Tags : :

Hi Simon. When the late Roman army lists were updated, you added in a lot more bow options. Have you thought about darts as well/instead of (for the infantry)? I imagine bow has much greater range, so I don't imagine you are treating them as the same

also, the Cataphracts and Clibanarii have disappeared. Was that deliberate of accidental?

Raphia looks great on Saturday. Everbody was clearly enjoying themselves!

regards

Barry
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 24 17 8:15 AM

Hi Barry, funnily enough I was talking about these with Mark Phillips, today. Yes they will need to be taken into account. I suggested that Mark post here so he may be along later. He sent me some pieces to read....

Cats and clibs; still definitely on the list- it may be you've done something to your version of the spreadsheet?

Raphia was a blast! I'm trying to think how to top it, next year, with something different. :-)

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 24 17 10:26 AM

Cats missing from Later East a Roman and decline Roman (patrician). I thought they were originally in there

in WRG darts and javelins were the same, short range missile. 

Maybe a late roman game next year? 

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 24 17 11:37 AM

Hi Baz,

Yes... I think I took the view that the Decline Romans were less likely to field cats than the earlier list. Re the Eastern Roman list- certainly I can't recall any evidence for them in that period- certainly not in Belisarius' battles for instance. Earlier they had them, and later, but not at this time AFAIK.

Darts - probably short range I agree- although they had a longer range than javelins. I saw a video of a reenactor and they were scarily effective, thrown in a lob. I wouldn't want to encounter one!

Late Romans- I seem to be selling half of my army but hopefully will have recruited a new bigger one by next year. It'll all be on 20cm frontage, though, on my sexy wobbly-edged bases. A game would be fun! Would love to play at Chalgrove but bases may preclude.

Best, Simon

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help